- You have empty bottles of Glycolic Acid Toner taking up prime real estate. We know you love your toner, but unless you’re a beauty YouTuber racking up used products for an “empties video,” those bottles need to go. You deserve a fresh one!
- That pack of face wipes is all dried up. You know you should not be using those as a sole cleansing method, right? (Face wash and eye makeup removers are non-negotiable in every cleansing regimen!) Toss out those wipes, make a pact to never buy them again, and replace an Enzyme Cleansing Gel in its spot.
- Your mask is all dried up too, which can mean one of two things: (1) you didn’t like that mask much and still kept it for whatever reason, or (2) you barely reached for it. Masks are supposed to be used regularly—2 time a week—and thus are meant to last a year max. If you’re not sure what kind of mask you should be using, take this skin analysis to get a recommendation from a skincare specialist. And remember: mask often to keep your skin in tip-top shape.
- You’re not quite sure what that jar used to be. If the label’s grubby or all worn off, TOSS it. Expired or bacteria-infested profits from being kept too long or stored improperly are no joke. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Your cotton swabs are looking a little dusty. Don’t think twice; kick ’em to the curb. Chances are, you’re using them for to dot on your Drying Lotion, and the last thing you want to do is have a whole bunch of germs and dirt further clogging up that pesky spot. Storing your Q-Tips in that mini Diptyque candle may be cute when you #doitforthegram, but it’s not the most sanitary way to do it. If you still want something cute but practical, look for an apothecary jar with a lid.
. . .