Kristin Larson writes the beauty and fashion blog Simply Chic for MSN.com. The goal of the blog is to deliver “Fresh & Fun Style Advice.” She also writes her own blog,BeRealLuxe.com, focused on luxury for less and luxury worth the splurge.
1. How would you describe your skin type?
2. What is the best skin care advice anyone ever gave you?
To wear sunscreen, avoid smoking and avoid the sun during peak hours (from 12 noon to 3 p.m.)
3. In your opinion, what is the single most important thing you can do for your skin?
Wear sunscreen daily.
4. What is your personal skin care routine like?
I wash my face twice daily, followed by toner and moisturizer—using Mario Badescu products formulated for oily/combo skin, I wear sunscreen and try and do a mask at least once a week.
5. What is your first skin care memory?
My mom steaming her face, applying a mask and putting sliced cucumbers over her eyes. It made me think you can create a spa experience at home. Later on, my sister was a makeup artist at Dior and got me using undereye cream at age 13!
. . .
We can’t thank Kristin enough for the great interview! Check out some of her blog posts about Mario Badescu below: