Welcome to #MarioMonthlyEdit, where you (yes, you) get a sneak peek at our current essentials. If you missed our last installment, check it out here.
How is it August already? Time flies when you’re having fun or whatever, but seriously—where did summer go?
We’re still milking the concept of glowing, summer skin for as long as we can (it’s pretty much the mantra at MB HQ year-round). To help keep skin radiant but also ease it into fall, here are the August skincare essentials we’re keeping on rotation:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel. When in doubt, go green. This is the staple face wash for all skin types, year round—making it perfect to use in August when days are still blazing but nights are feeling more like fall. Refreshing alpha hydroxy acids and fruit enzymes gently exfoliate away dulling dead skin cells to help rejuvenate your complexion with every cleanse.
- Cucumber Cleansing Lotion. Our skin has finally acclimated to the crazy hot weather, so we’re swapping out Special Cucumber Lotion for the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion. This astringent still helps get rid of T-zone shine, but it’s a gentler option for combination/oily skin that’s relatively skin, but could use the extra boost.
- Botanical Exfoliating Scrub. Last month was all about the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, but this month we’re onto the Botanical Exfoliating Scrub. Sometimes it’s just nice to switching things up a bit so you (and your skin) get a breath of fresh air.
- Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. We don’t just use it on our face—we love using it on our bodies too. Once or twice a week, we’ll cleanse our arms, back, and legs (where skin is prone to bumpiness or congestion) to help keep skin looking clear and smooth. The shorts may be going away soon, but head-to-toe glow is still our number one priority.
- Formula 200 Body Lotion. Morning shower-ers (or impatient moisturizer-ers), rejoice. This is a super lightweight, fast-absorbing lotion that gets the job done. Simply apply post shower and you could get dressed without feeling sticky—immediately.
- Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30. Here’s an #MBSkinTip: We stash a bottle in our car so we’re reminded to (1) moisturize and (2) protect our hands before we start driving. It’s a facial moisturizer—but because of it’s oil-free formula, we love using it as a sunscreen-and-hand-cream 2-in-1 to help prevent incidental sun damage.
. . .