Intern Kim here!
I believe in layering. Clothes, sweaters, accessories – the more the merrier, especially come cold fronts and hot chocolate weather. But it doesn’t stop there.
Nail polish. Lipsticks. Skincare products (you knew this was coming, didn’t you). I have the slightest penchant for experimenting with what works best for my skin (combination-oily, for reference) since interning at Mario Badescu, and I’ve finally found the combination that works. No irritation, no breakouts, nothing – just pure bliss. The evidence is in my complexion!
. . .
2-3 drops of Buffering Lotion
1 dollop of Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 17
2-3 drops of Herbal Hydrating Serum
1 spritz of Rosewater Facial Spray
- Gently massage while cleansing the face – invigorate the skin and wake up those tired blood vessels! Pat dry, and follow with your favorite toner.
- Apply a few drops of the Buffering Lotion on old spots or any emerging bumps (especially during that time of the month!). For me, that’d be my cheek area. Doing so helps keep my skin clear while preventing any blemishes!
- Moisturize. I tend to go overboard with it, as I love the finish my skin gets when it’s super soft, supple and plump from the moisture. Again, gently massage your skin while you’re at it – show your face some love!
- Cold, dry weather is harsh even on my combo-oily skin, so for an extra kick, I add the tiniest bit of Herbal Hydrating Serum to the high points of my face. MB staff doesn’t call this little thing “dewiness in a bottle” for no reason.
- And to top it all off? A quick spritz of the facial spray.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match from different lines. Our skin is much like a fingerprint – unique, individual, temperamental – there are no two skin types that are like. It takes a bit of experimenting to find out what works for you, so why not have fun with it?
. . .
What is your current Face of the Day combo? We’d love to know!