Few things are worse than irritated, dry skin. Plump skin is the goal here, but tight and itchy? Not so much.
If your skin is in need of a boost in moisture and glow, add this recipe to your Friday night repertoire. Slip into your robe, have Pandora set at your favorite station, light a few candles – whatever suits your fancy, really – and treat you and your skin to a good drink. Make this a well-deserved R&R session if you’re staying in, and if you’re willing to brave the cold for an evening out on the town, let this be your prep for flawless makeup from application to finish.
. . .
- Every DIY facial starts with a clean complexion. Cleanse, exfoliate, tone with your trusty favorites – you know how the tune goes. (And if you don’t? We’ve got you covered – read up on our guide to DIY at-home facials!)
- Hydrate and brighten. Start by massaging a few drops of the Hyaluronic Emulsion with Vitamin C into the skin. Any skincare expert or bona fide junkie will rave on endlessly about the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C. Add Collagen to the mix and you have yourself an incredibly nourishing, nutrient-rich serum that helps restore the skin’s natural moisture, improve clarity and brighten the skin.
- Bring back the dewy glow. Our Rose Hips Mask is a fall Mario Mask Must (can you say that three times fast?!). It’s perfect for sensitive or dull, tired skin in restoring moisture for a healthy, plump complexion. We’re all about antioxidant Vitamin C for its anti-aging and brightening properties – and this mask is chock full of it. It also has anti-inflammatory Seaweed Extract and Balsam Peru to help soothe tight, irritated skin.
- You’ve got 20 minutes all to yourself. Are you singing along to Marvin Gaye or Barbara Streisand right now? We are. Do feel free to join us…
- Rinse well with warm water and follow with, once again, your favorite toner. Take a good look in the mirror – this step is indisputably the most important of them all – and admire your skin for a few moments. Soft, supple, plump and with a dewy glow to boot.
- Are you headed out? Pat on your go-to moisturizer and start the second phase of the beautification process. Relish in the easy application and flawless finish – good skincare and beautiful makeup are inexplicably linked. (Remember that!)
- If you’re staying in, lock in all that moisture and glow with the Seaweed Night Cream. It’s the most versatile and lightweight of our creams in that it’s oil-free and therefore non-greasy. Seaweed, Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid help keep your complexion nourished and hydrated all throughout the night.
- Don’t forget the eyes! Reduce the appearance of dry, tired under eyes and help smooth out fine lines with the Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream. It’s one of our lighter options, making it a universal choice, but don’t hesitate to reach for something richer if you need it.
What are your Friday night skincare rituals? What are you doing to combat dry skin?
. . .