Welcome to #MarioMonthlyEdit, where you (yes, you) get a sneak peek at our current top shelf essentials. If you missed our first installment last month, check it out here. (We loved hearing all about your January must-haves!)
Ah, February. You have the holiday hoo-ha from November to December and New Year’s enthusiasm in January, but come February, everything kind of feels… normal. It’s not a bad thing—it just takes some getting used to after three months of nonstop excitement.
That said, there’s no better time to shift the focus onto YOU. Self-love, people—let’s make it a thing in February. Find me-time. #Treatyourself. Indulge in self-care—not just because you deserve to, but because it’s paramount to happiness.
The all-pink theme has little to do with Valentine’s Day—it’s purely coincidental, we swear—and more to do with how obsessed we are with all things with rose extract, rose hips, and strawberry extract. They’re ingredients that not only feel indulgent, but actually are when it comes to skin care: this is an assortment of good stuff that helps soothe, nourish, and brighten to help you feel your very best.
Even in the dead of winter.
Here are the February skincare essentials we have on rotation:
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater. This one is a no-brainer, tbh. But if you’re out of the loop, we’ll fill you in: this is a cold weather lifesaver when it comes to infusing skin with an extra boost of hydration. Dry, cracked skin is a thing of 2015. Where there’s dehydration, there’s rehydration: all thanks to this rose-and-aloe-infused mist.
- Rose Hips Nourishing Oil. Another winter fave for saving dry skin. Got flaky skin or cracked foundation around your nose, the corners of your mouth, and between the brows? Reach for this oil and say no more. The tiniest dab does the trick in imparting essential moisture and reviving skin back to its happy, balanced state. Plus, it’s got Rose Hips Oil—a natural source of antioxidant and skin-brightening Vitamin C. (Read more about this product)
- Special Hand Cream with Vitamin E. Yep. It’s still a favorite. There is no surviving winter without this hand cream, no sir-ee.
- Cleansing Milk with Carnation & Rice Oil. It sounds as luxurious as it feels—especially after a day of battling harsh, winter winds. This milky tissue-off cleanser not only helps remove all traces of makeup, but also softens and nourishes your skin, too. It’s an ideal formula for dry or sensitive skin types.
- Chamomile Cleansing Lotion. You saw it in our January edit, and it’s back again.
- The Moisture Magnet SPF 15. This one too. Snowfall can magnify the reach of UVA/UVB rays—making SPF protection (and moisture) all the more crucial during the heart of winter.
- Caviar Day Cream & Caviar Night Cream. In a line of over 200 products, it’s easy to keep reaching for best-selling faves. This little duo deserves the spotlight: though underrated, it’s a highly related performer. Both are thick, luxurious creams formulated with Caviar Extract (a revitalizing antioxidant rich in amino acids and nutrients). The day cream version also contains Elastin to give skin that extra bounce and plumpness, and the evening edition is fortified with Collagen and Cocoa Butter for additional overnight firming and moisturizing benefits.
- Olive Eye Cream. It’s a celeb-favorite for good reason: this rich, moisture-intensive eye cream helps deeply hydrate while softening the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Definitely a must-have overnight treatment for dry, sensitive, or mature skin.
- Strawberry Tonic Mask. Balance is paramount in maintaining healthy, radiant skin—which is why we’re aiming to mask twice a week. We need all the hydration we can get (hence why we’re keeping all our moisturizers and creams front and center this month), but our skin also needs a regular detox too. Though gentle, the Strawberry Tonic Mask helps to decongest pores and rid the skin of dulling buildup.
. . .
What are YOUR February go-tos?