Never question the age-old adages of the sages – regardless of how cliché the sayings have become, they were carried through the generations for reason.
It’s what’s on the inside that counts. In you, in me, and just as importantly, in whatever it is you put on your skin. No matter how lovely or witty the name is, no matter how pretty the bottle or fancy the packaging. The ingredients are what matter the most.
So if you just so happen to be curious about the active ingredients in our products, here’s a basic guide:
- Azulene: Identifiable by its blue color. It’s a derivative of Chamomile, giving it anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. The ingredient to look for those with sensitive, red and/or irritated skin.
- Ceramides: Found naturally in the skin where they act in the most superficial layer as a protective barrier that helps prevent water loss. It helps retain the skin’s natural moisture levels, thereby improving hydration and softness.
- Collagen: Its high water-retaining capabilities help reduce natural moisture loss to leave skin supple, smooth and soft.
- Glycolic Acid: A natural Alpha Hydroxy Acid derived from sugar cane. It helps in removing dead skin cells to improve texture, fine lines, discoloration for a smoother, more radiant complexion.
- Honey: Good for you and your skin. A natural product that hydrates and nourishes the skin with nutritional goodness. Its high sugar content gives it an anti-bacterial property, and antioxidants present allow for anti-aging effects.
- Hyaluronic Acid: A hydrating agent that holds water at the cellular level to prevent dehydration and moisture loss – all without the grease. Because it retains water well, skin is left smooth almost immediately.
- Kaolin: Also known as China Clay. It’s a natural clay that absorbs oil and debris on the skin, making it a prime ingredient in many masks. Excellent for oily and/or congested skin types for a bit of much-needed purification.
. . .
Look out for Part II next week!