Mario Badescu’s Chicago-based Account Executive, Lauren Cummings, brings her effervescent personality, can-do attitude, and encyclopedic knowledge of all things beauty-related everywhere she goes—and boy, does she go.
This busy lady and her team spread #MBSkinTips around the Chicago area and beyond. We asked her which MB products are at the top of her list, keep reading for Lauren’s must-haves!
I have classic Combination Skin. I am oily through the T-zone and dehydrated through the cheeks. I also live in Chicago where the sun shines really bright, but the winter winds can dehydrate my skin even more!! And lastly, my skin is prone to acne, and that can leave discoloration and unwanted texture. Yikes!!
Glycolic Foaming Cleanser: This foaming cleanser is the perfect way to gently improve uneven texture and tone. It effectively exfoliates and cleanses my skin while helping to address any small blemishes on my face without overdrying my skin.
Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion: This toner gently exfoliates my skin, and helps to reveal a more radiant, glowing, lit-from-within skin. It smells amazing and because it is alcohol-free, it aids in replenishing hydration.
Cellufirm Drops: I use this heavenly product as my daytime serum. Cellufirm Drops immediately hydrates and visibly plumps my skin. I notice increased firmness in my skin, as well as a really smooth texture. This product also does double-duty for me as an under eye serum layered underneath Hyaluronic Eye Cream.
Honey Moisturizer: This daytime moisturizer is the perfect amount of moisture for my Combination/dehydrated skin. It absorbs into my skin rapidly, while creating a smoother more radiant complexion. I love a slight glow to my skin before I apply foundation, and Honey Moisturizer creates the perfect canvas for my makeup. For the cold, dry Chicago winters, I like to add a few drops of the Herbal Hydrating Serum. It allows me to boost the hydration level in my skin care, when needed, without switching moisturizers.
#MBSkinTip: When I know the weather is going to be especially harsh, I like to press a little bit of a denser moisturizer or night cream into my cheeks, after I have applied my typical skincare regimen.
Silver Powder: Because I wear foundation daily, and have an oily t-zone, I am prone to blackheads on my nose and chin area. I use Silver Powder to address this issue. It immediately starts to break down the congestion and the clogged pores and after 10-20 minutes my nose and chin are clear of all blackheads. Silver Powder is a twice weekly staple product for me.
Thanks, Lauren. Stay warm out there!
- #MBmy5: Karolina New year, new . . . blog series! One of the most frequently asked questions we get here at Mario...
- Spotted! Lauren Cosenza Of DIVAlicious WHO: Lauren Cosenza (aka LDIVA), creator and writer behind the uber-fabulous DIVAlicious blog, NYC-based makeup artist, featured beauty/fashion expert, video...
- EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: ANDEEA My name is Andeea and I am a Skin Care Specialist and Make-up Artist at Mario Badescu Skin Care. My...
- KIM’S MARIO MUST-HAVES, PART II Restraining myself to six products wasn’t possible (read Part I of my wish list and favorites, here). A Part II...
- Shopping With The Pros At The Makeup Show NYC: Lauren Servideo We were at The Makeup Show NYC last week and caught up with Lauren Servideo, Public Relations and Media intern...