It’s wedding season!
The newest trend in bridal makeup is the no-makeup makeup look, which is usually achieved with a minimal amount of products and is intended to showcase natural beauty.
I was in a wedding last year where the bride wore little more than lipstick, mascara, and a bit of eyebrow powder. She questioned the standard wisdom that you need more makeup than usual on your wedding day because of photography. While it’s certainly a personal choice (I’d wear a bit more than that), it seems she was at the vanguard of something new in wedding beauty.
She also looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding pictures.
What will you choose on your big day? Whether you’re doing full makeup or no-makeup makeup, beautiful skin is paramount. Here’s how to prepare:
1) If you haven’t already, put together a complete skin care regimen that works for your skin on every levels. This means that your skin care regimen:
-Is right for your skin type, whether your complexion is very dry or combination-oily, and
- Addresses your personal concerns and conditions, such as acne, sensitivity, dullness, etc.
2) A basic skin care regimen includes the following:
3) You may also choose to add in acne spot treatments (the Drying Lotion for whiteheads is good to have on hand in case of acne breakouts) or serums.
4) Protect your skin from the sun with a whole new vigilance. You can always use a self-tanner or visit a salon for a spray tan before the big day if you’d like a little extra glow. However, do not attempt to create a faux glow for the first time on your wedding day; be sure to get in a trial run well before the big event.
5) Start receiving regular facials, preferably starting 6-9 months before the big day. Your best bet is to find an esthetician that you like and make sure to request him or her every time. There is no need for aggressive treatments close to the actual date of your wedding if you’ve been experiencing the cumulative effect of regular facials.*
*If you live in the NYC area, feel free to give us a call at the Mario Badescu Skin Care Salon to schedule your appointments! That number is 212.223.3728.