Can’t make it to our Manhattan salon? It’s okay. Whether it’s post-fashion week insanity, back-to-school stress, or just a need to escape from your busy everyday lives, we’ll always be there for you when you (have the time) and need it most. Skin, however, waits for no one: set aside an hour and a half for yourself and let’s get started.
- 1 bathrobe (Terry, jersey, or luxe silk? We say whatever makes you feel like a queen);
- 1 large bowl;
- 1 towel;
- Essential oil (of your choice);
- 1 large bowl or bucket (whichever you’re okay with sticking your feet into);
- 1 pumice stone or foot file;
- Acne Facial Cleanser;
- Drying Lotion;
- Buffering Lotion;
- Azulene Calming Mask;
- Alpha-Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion;
- Vitamin C Serum;
- Seaweed Night Cream;
- Your favorite eye cream;
- Elbow & Heel Smoothing Cream;
- 1 pair of thick cotton socks
- 1 lush eye mask
- Kick off those heels! Slip into a sleek little robe and take a deep breath. Close your eyes and slowly roll your head side to side; roll your shoulders backwards, then forwards; slowly lean into a forward bend and into good ol’ downward dog before snaking forward into cobra. (Tell us you don’t feel relaxed already.)
- Start with a mini facial sauna. You know the drill: heat up enough water to fill that large bowl so it’s hot but not boiling. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and play some music (we’re partial to Michael Buble). Then, position yourself so that you’re leaning comfortably over the bowl. Drape a towel over your head to help capture the steam and let the sauna work its magic for 15-20 minutes.
- Cleanse mind, body, and soul. Or just your complexion (for now). The Acne Facial Cleanser is actually a favorite amongst the MB ladies – not just as a cleanser for acne-prone skin, but for combo-oily skin in need of a refresher. It’s a nice change from the usual Glycolic Foaming Cleanser; Salicylic Acid acts as a similar chemical exfoliant, deep cleaning into pores to reveal a brighter, fresher, smoother – and clearer! – complexion.
- Did someone say treat? Stress pimples from all those shows and late night parties? Dab a bit of our Drying Lotion onto white heads or raised, red blemishes and apply a thin layer of our Buffering Lotion onto any areas suffering from under-the-skin bumps or hormonal acne. Spot treat is the name of the game: it’ll be like Fashion Week never even happened.
- Say it with us: ohmmm. To soothe tired, irritated skin in need of love, attention, and hydration, indulge your complexion with our Azulene Calming Mask over the spot treatments. It’s formulated for all skin types and made to help reset stressed or sensitive skin. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.’
- … but you can still multitask. While you let the mask do its thing, fill that second large bowl or bucket with warm to hot water (depending on your tolerance level) and soak those tired feet for about 10 minutes. Then, give the balls of your feet and the heels a good scrub with a pumice stone or foot file to get rid of any dry, hard calluses.
- Tone, refresh, and revive. Rinse the mask off and give the face a final cleanse with our Alpha-Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion. Packed with refreshing Alpha Hydroxy Acids to help gently exfoliate for a brighter complexion, it helps renew Fashion Week skin.
- Restore the glow. Radiance is the name of the game – and the Vitamin C Serum is our pretty little secret. All you need are a few drops (3-4 will do) before following with the ever-universal Seaweed Night Cream to help lock in moisture without clogging pores. (Remember: your skin is still a little off-kilter from stress and lack of sleep, so what you need is a gentle, non-greasy night cream to help get your skin back on track!) Don’t forget to apply your favorite eye cream.
- Put your best foot forward. Give your feet a much-needed massage. Slather them up with our incredibly rich Elbow & Heel Smoothing Cream while kneading the Achilles heel, arch, and balls of the foot. When you’re done, slip into a pair of thick, cotton socks for baby-soft feet tomorrow morning.
- When in bed, do as Sleeping Beauty does. Ballgown and tiara optional, but what we do recommend is a lush, silk eye mask to help you get much-deserved (and much-needed) Zzz’s.
. . .