May 24, 2015
Summer is coming! Time to be sure you’re not going to experience ‘bacne’ (you know, back acne). We swear by our AHA Botanical Body Soap to get rid of body acne, but don’t take our word for! Check out these reviews:
Alana C. New York
I absolutely love this stuff! Not only does it smell delicious and fresh it really works clearing up acne on my back!
Katie C., Oregon
My friend discovered this bodywash about a year ago and it has changed both our lives! I use it on my back and chest every other day in the shower, and it has cleared my breakouts completely. I never have to worry about having red bumps on my back or chest again! It’s gentle and smells amazing too.
Deborah D., California
I absolutely love this body wash. It cleans without drying. It removes all the yucky residue from your skin and really clears up body acne!! I am thrilled with the results
May 23, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
bae (n.): An acronym for “Before All Else,” or quite possibly “babe” sans the second “b.” Hip millennials tell me it’s the former.
Before All Else it is, then.
Meet bae. Bae, meet our Badescu beauties. If you’ve been around for some time, you’ll have already been acquainted. And if you haven’t?
Here’s why the Vitamin C Serum is THE one-and-only:
- The glow is REAL. No filters needed. I notice it the next morning, but after regular use every other night (or sometimes during the day under an SPF moisturizer), it gives the complexion lift and a soft, dewy radiance.
- It brightens, smooths, and helps even out skin tone texture. Sun spots, old acne marks, and other areas of hyperpigmentation are minimized over time. Imperfections are perfected. Hashtag flawless. Yes, you did wake up like this.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) a serious game–changer. It’s a potent antioxidant that helps fight against aging free radicals, brightens, and helps boost collagen production.
- It’s the IT solution for dull, lackluster skin. Skin looking a little worse for wear? In need of a moisture boost? Layer a few drops under your daily moisturizer.
- You can use it everywhere else, too. Get creative – don’t just limit this serum for your face! Use it as an anti-aging and brightening treatment for your neck, décolletage, shoulders, and hands as well – all places that are susceptible to fine lines, wrinkles, and age spot formation.
. . .
Which skincare product do you consider B(efore) A(ll) E(lse)?
May 22, 2015
Recently, my skin started feeling a little bit drier than usual—which is really weird because the weather is getting warmer and warmer and my skin is normally very happy in Spring.
And then it dawned on me: I was skipping my daily half-an-avocado that I normally have with lunch, mainly because my grocery store wasn’t carrying especially good avocadoes. Naturally, I made the trek out to another store and stocked up on this healthy fruit.
Wait, did you know that Avocado is actually a berry? (What!?)
Anyway, it’s important to get your healthy fats internally and externally. Check out where you can find your favorite healthy-for-you fats in skin care products!
Botanical Exfoliating Scrub (Coconut Extract) to nourish while you exfoliate.
Dermonectin Eye Cream for dry skin.
Cellufirm Drops This firming/ hydrating serum is an MB fave!
Super Rich Olive Body Lotion because dry body skin is basically the worst.
Olive Eye Cream for extreme levels of intense moisture for dry eye areas.
Kera Moist Cream, to restore balance to dry, dehydrated skin.
May 21, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
We typically recommend using our Drying Mask two to three times a week. It’s a pretty powerful treatment (this mask was specially formulated to help clarify acneic skin) so we often suggest applying it only to acne-prone or acne-erupted areas.
Remember: you can tailor your skincare to your needs! One part of your face may be very different from another (for example: combination skin types often experience an oily T-zone and dry cheeks, and do best when using different kinds of moisturizers or treatments for each section).
To help re-balance your complexion, restore hydration, and soothe any irritation, try alternating the Drying Mask with our Healing & Soothing Mask.
May 20, 2015
Sometimes your t-zone just won’t give you a break; it just looks so oily all the time. Have a shiny nose and forehead? Trust us, we understand. When you’re washing just your bangs in the bathroom sink, it’s hard to deny—an oily t-zone can really cause a lot of issues.
No worries! Here’s what you can do about your oily t-zone!
- Sprinkle a bit of Special Healing Powder into your loose powder for extra protection against shine. (Bonus: the Special Healing Powder will not only absorb excess oil, it also provides sulfur for acne prevention!)
- Use an oil-fighting toner, like this one –> Cucumber Cleansing Lotion
- Oily t-zone with dry cheeks? You can always use separate masks on these areas. For the oilier parts of your face, go for the Special Mask for Oily Skin. Everywhere else, choose the Flower & Tonic Mask!