When clocking in (at least) eight hours per day, five days a week, it’s safe to say that – like it or not – our cubicles become our second home. They are the only areas of the office we can decorate to our little hearts’ content (unless you’re like me and have yet to start even after three years…) so our little office spaces often start to feel like our little sanctuary. Our home-away-from-home.
But sometimes insta-collages and teeny-tiny succulents aren’t enough when the clock strikes 3 p.m. If you’re a glass-half-full kind of person, then sure, we’re well into the home stretch. But unless you’ve been subsisting on espresso IV drips or have been blessed with the best night’s sleep ever, it’s nearly inevitable to start feeling drone-like.
Was it the late night? Is it the never-ending pile of work with deadlines practically screaming today? Was it the two pizza slices you had during lunch because you forgot to pack your usual tuna-over-spinach salad? I can actually hear you thinking: My goodness, is all that dairy and grease going to give me a pimple right before my four o’clock meeting with the big guns?! You swear you feel it coming.
Quick, before give yourself a conniption: pizza will not make you break out. (Nor will eating chocolate. It’s a little more complicated than one tiny indulgence.)
But just in case you do feel a little bugger surfacing, it’s paramount to keep your desk well-stocked so you can survive the nine-to-five workday no matter what.
1. WAKE UP! Stand up, shake it out, and resist round two at the coffee machine. Opt for a decaf tea instead. You want to be able to sleep later tonight to avoid perpetuating this cycle of drabness, no? Grab a banana, steep a cuppa, and refresh with a few generous spritzes of our Rosewater Facial Spray. It’ll rejuvenate your day’s makeup so it looks freshly applied; plus, natural botanical and herbal extracts will give your skin the boost it needs.
2. Drink up. You need more than just tea: good ol’ H20 is crucial for mental and physical health, so keep hydrated throughout the day. In fact, we count it as one of the best beauty products of all time. Our tip? Keep a big bottle of water (1.5 – 2 L, because if we shoot for the moon, we’ll land in the stars) at your desk and make it a priority to finish at least one fill-up between answering all those emails.
3. Plump your pout. The secret to healthy, fuller-looking lips is keeping them well-moisturized. Keep a Lip Wax (or two) handy for easy re-application.
4. Wake up those tired eyes. Computer work is hard on the eyes! Renew dry, puffy under-eyes with our Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream. It’s a lightweight, creamy formula that provides instant, easily absorbed hydration. Plus, it’s packed with nourishing oils and antioxidant-rich Rose Hips to help brighten and plump up the delicate eye area for an instant reboot.
5. Get your glow on. Sometimes we need a little help in the radiance department; hours of air conditioning can often leave skin dry and tight, and fluorescent lighting certainly isn’t helping the situation. You have two options: the ultra-lightweight Herbal Hydrating Serum or easily-absorbed Rose Hips Nourishing Oil. Both are easy to apply (only a few drops are needed) and are designed to help instantly reduce surface dehydration, minimize flakiness, and restore a natural, healthy glow.
Still craving a little more brightening action? (Trust. We all do.) Stash a highlighting concealer pen in your pencil cup. It’s quick, no-fuss application: simply apply under the eyes, around the nose, under the brow, and/or on the cheekbones and tap to blend. Look ma, no hands brushes! Just make sure you keep a bottle of hand sanitizer nearby pre-blending and after application to avoid causing breakouts.
6. Color me mine. Sometimes a pop of color is just what the doctor ordered. Since we prefer things as simple as possible, we’re partial to multi-purpose cream products that – you guessed it! – don’t call for brushes. Plus, creamy formulas lend a hand in creating that dewy, fresh finish we’re all after. A bright peach or pink blended onto the cheeks and lightly dabbed over the lips will instantly perk up your complexion. You’ll look and feel brighter and fresher.
7. The sky’s the limit. Sure, it’s a good motivational quote to tack onto your bulletin board. But we’re talking you: if your hair is showing the day’s wear (again, central air is not friendly), it’s time to give it quick lift. A few spritzes of our Nucleic Moisturizing Hair Rinse followed by some strategic tszuj-ing is fantastic for restoring moisture, shine, and body to limp hair. Locks feeling a little more greasy than you’d like? A travel-size dry shampoo will help refresh instantly. Give your hair a quick flip (careful not to bang your head on the desk, though) and voila, volume a la a blow-dry in less time than it takes to say “Is it time to go yet?”
And if you’re really in need of a lift, let’s get literal. Hair-ties and bobby pins should always be kept at your desk in case you need a high pony or topknot to save the day.
. . .
What in YOUR at-the-desk survival kit?