June 22, 2015
Comments Off on Skin Care For Less Than $10!
The U.S. Treasury is putting a woman on the ten-dollar bill!
Just which woman is still up for debate, although we have our guesses!
Check out which of our skin care products you can get with your new ten dollar bill!
AHA Botanical Body Soap Our #HolyGrail body wash is super affordable, too!
Azulene Body Soap Sensitive body skin? Azulene is derived from Chamomile.
Lip Wax (both stick and jar!) A makeup artist/celebrity/ skin care insider favorite.
Special Hand Cream with Vitamin E We never go anywhere without this one.
Elasto-Seamollient Hand Cream For rough, dry hands.
Elbow & Heel Smoothing Cream Salicylic Acid is the secret ingredient for getting smooth heels and elbows.
Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater Sets makeup and refreshes skin and hair throughout the day. We don’t know anybody who doesn’t have this in their purse.
Eye Make-Up Remover Gel A non-oily way to remove your makeup.
ALL of our Hair Products, including the popular Hair Rinsing Conditioner.
June 20, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on Don’t Forget: Protect Your Skin
There’s no doubt that sun care is paramount to overall skin health and appearance regardless of season; up to 80 percent of the sun’s UV rays can pass through clouds even on the most overcast of days, causing sunburn when you’re not expecting it. With up to 90 percent of all visible signs of aging attributable to sun, it’s clear that cumulative exposure is the number one cause of aging.
And come summer, precautionary measures are especially important. After all: shorter hemlines mean more skin, and more skin means increased vulnerability to too much or unprotected sun exposure. Too much sun leads to:
Oil-Free Broad Spectrum Sun Protection
- Age spots
- Fine lines
- Sun spots
- Darkening of existing acne marks
- Exacerbation of skin conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, and Rosacea
The moral of the story? Protect your skin! Keep exposure in moderation at a maximum of 15 minutes. Avoid sun during the peak intensity hours when UV light is strongest (between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.); reserving outdoor activities for before or after that time frame can actually reduce exposure up to 60 percent. For added preventative measures, plop on a baseball cap or floppy hat and when possible, try to go for breezy, long-sleeved tops to further protect the vulnerable chest and shoulder areas.
And of course, the face. You can’t forget your face! Apply daily broad spectrum protection liberally and regularly throughout the day (if you’re going to be out!) too. We recommend:
. . .
June 18, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on #TBT: Pink Makes Perfect @ULTA!
Ahh memories. A #throwback to that time we flew out for the incredible (!) ULTA conference and debuted our new Botanical Exfoliating Scrub! Pink makes perfect and pink Converse make things even more so…
. . .
June 17, 2015
Comments Off on 7 Reasons Your Skin Care Regimen Is NOT Working
- You’re not using the right products for your skin. You might have the most amazing, most popular skin care regimen in the world—but you’re still saying, ‘my skin looks bad!’ Make sure to customize and fine-tune your products to the specific needs of your skin. You can always contact us at 800-223-3728 to speak to a skin care specialist OR chat live with an operator on our website at www.mariobadescu.com!
- You’re using the right products—you’re just using them incorrectly.Maybe you’re abusing your spot cream by applying all over your face. Or perhaps you’re applying an anti-aging serum after your night cream. Mistakes like this can make all the difference. [Learn more: How to use your skin care regimen]
- Your daily and nightly routines are inconsistent. If you’re crashing at night without washing your face, even if it’s just some of the time, your skin will show it. [Which cleanser is right for you?]
- You’re mixing and matching between brands. The issue is that you may be using too many products with the same active ingredient in various concentrations, which could cause the skin to become irritated.
- 3 of your products have the same powerful active ingredient.Maybe you’ve chosen every product with Glcyolic Acid from Mario Badescu Skin Care. Not a good idea. Sometimes you CAN have too much of a good thing. Overloading on actives can leave your skin over-exfoliated, irritated, or sensitive.
- Your lifestyle is affecting your skin. Eating inflammation-causing foods (like excessive sugar), smoking, alcohol consumption, etc, all can negatively affect your skin.
- Your skin has changed. Maybe your complexion has changed, but your regimen stayed the same. It’s time to switch things up! You don’t want the skin care equivalent of the ‘Rachel’ haircut in 2015, do you?
June 16, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on Six Gifts Ideas for Dad (That DON’T include Ties)
A PSA from all Dads (and for them): The ties, the golf balls, the grilling tool sets are all great, but let’s face it: these fallback gifts are a little passé. Just how many spatulas or striped ties does a man need? Let’s get him something he REALLY needs for Father’s Day 2015!
Botanical Exfoliating Scrub
The exfoliant everyone needs. (Plus, it just won the Men’s Fitness ‘Look Great Award’ for 2015!)
A staple in every man’s skin care routine—but probably one he overlooks.
Peppermint Shaving Cream
The classic he loves—with a cool twist.
After Shave Moisturizer
A hydrating cream that softens, soothes, and keeps his skin irritation-free.
The Executive Collection for Men
Indulge him in THE complete skin care regimen that will have him looking—and feeling—like a new man. He deserves it.
Custom Spa Package
Is he in the NYC area? Remember: Dads need (and deserve!) spa days too. How about a good ol’ facial or much-needed massage?
. . .
SHOP OUR FATHER’S DAY COLLECTION