by Kimberly Yang
If there’s an ideal time to glow hard, it’s now. We want clear, radiant, and luminous skin for the summer (well, all year-round actually—but let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet!), so these are the skincare products we’re reaching for all July long:
- Glycolic Foaming Cleanser: Part cleanser and part exfoliant, this multi-tasking hybrid deep cleans skin of pore-clogging impurities while rejuvenating dull skin. Glycolic Acid retexturizes uneven skin and helps brighten areas of discoloration—leaving the complexion clearer, smoother, and more youthful-looking.
#MBSkinTip: Got bumps or breakouts on your neck, chest, back, arms, or legs? Don’t be afraid to incorporate the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser into your body regimen, too. Use it one to three times a week (just as you would for your face) to target those troubled areas.
- Special Cucumber Lotion: Sometimes you need a little extra somethin’-somethin’. To help keep excess oil and problem-prone skin in check, give your skin a good sweep with this clarifying toner.
- Botanical Exfoliating Scrub: We love how this scrub leaves our face feeling fresh—but we love using it on our body, too. To help keep summer skin soft, smooth, and glowing from head to toe, we make sure we give our skin a good polish two to three times a week.
- Orange Tonic Mask: Weekends should be spent masking while indulging in new summer reads. The Orange Tonic Mask is our treat of choice (and no, not just because it smells like the creamsicles of our youth, spent hailing ice cream trucks from a mile away) because it’s formulated with Orange Peel to rejuvenate and natural minerals to help purify and tighten the appearance of pores.
- Silver Powder: Bust blackheads and T-zone congestion with this unique treatment. Simply dampen a cotton pad, dip it into the white powder, and pat it wherever you need clarifying.
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater: This mist never leaves our beloved medicine cabinet, but now that we’re averaging 90-degree days, we’re storing Facial Spray in our fridge instead. Nothing beats a cooling, refreshing boost on a hot summer day.
- A.H.A. & Ceramide Moisturizer: Lightweight, radiance-boosting hydration is exactly what skin needs this summer.
- Citrus Body Cleanser: Smells like summer. Feels like summer, too.
. . .
by Kimberly Yang
- Always apply sunscreen. Sun protection is crucial to skin health—in fact, it’s one of the most surefire ways to prevent premature signs of aging (like fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging) and discoloration (like age spots and darkening of post-acne marks). Be sure to apply first thing every morning or 20 minutes prior to any outdoor activities; re-apply every hour to ensure your skin stays protected throughout the day, especially if you’re going to be spending time during the sun’s peak hours (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
For combination/oily, oily, or acne-prone skin: Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30
For combination/dry skin: Hyaluronic Moisturizer SPF 15
For dry or mature skin: The Moisture Magnet SPF 15
- Protect your hands and feet. Yes, driving and walking around in open-toed shoes makes you susceptible to sun damage and premature signs of aging. Be sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and protect exposed hands and feet. Our tip? Keep a bottle of Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 on hand when you’re out and about. It’ll not only keep your hands and feet hydrated, but will also sink in quickly without feeling greasy—all while protecting your skin.
- Exfoliate regularly. It’s essential to glowing skin: By removing pore-clogging surface impurities and dulling dead skin cells from the skin, exfoliation helps diminish discoloration and prevent future breakouts.
The Glycolic Foaming Cleanser has been a total game-changer for most of us at MB HQ—but if you prefer a granular exfoliant, give our invigorating Botanical Exfoliating Scrub instead.
- Moisture matters. Summer sun, heat, salt water, chlorine, and air conditioning can wreak havoc on skin. To help keep skin hydrated and healthy-looking, moisturize with SPF before sun, and use a night cream before bed. And for glowing, silky-smooth skin from head to toe, be sure to moisturize your hands and body too.
- Don’t skimp on eye cream. Sun exposure will gradually thin skin and cause wrinkles, so it’s essential to make eye care a priority. Try using a lightweight formula for day, and a creamier version overnight so you wake up with plumper, younger-looking under-eyes. Throw on a baseball cap or large, floppy beach hat to help further shield your face, neck, and chest from dangerous UVA/UVB rays.
- Look for alpha/beta hydroxy acids in your skincare*. Even if you’re already exfoliating, your skin can always use a boost in further brightening and smoothing the complexion. Ingredients like Grapefruit Extract, Papaya Extract, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, and Salicylic Acid help take your daily regimen to the next level.
*Broad spectrum protection is more important than ever if you’re using AHAs and BHAs. Because these ingredients are constantly encouraging the removal of dead skin cells to reveal fresher, newer skin, sunscreen is crucial in keep skin looking even.
- Vitamin C is key. Specifically, a Vitamin C Serum.
- Detox. Use a purifying mask 2-3 times a week to deep clean skin, absorb excess T-zone shine, and reveal a refreshed, healthy-looking complexion.
- Keep hydrated. Drink water throughout the day. If you’re on the go, bring a water bottle and container of fresh fruit to prevent dehydration. Be sure to keep a bottle of Facial Spray on hand to rehydrate skin, too!
- Make the healthy switch. As tempting as it is to lie in a tanning bed or sunbathe, make the switch to self-tanners to achieve that ever-covetable summer skin without yielding yourself to the dangers of overexposure. Beauty Tip: Our faces will always be a shade or two lighter than our body; to build color on your face as well, alternate between a tinted moisturizer and facial self-tanner to achieve an even wash of sun-kissed color.
. . .
by Kimberly Yang
Make this Father’s Day even more special than the last.
- Customize a spa day, because dads need a day of indulgence too.
- A membership to his favorite golf and country club. Gifting him a set of monogrammed golf balls or a new set of clubs? Throw in a pair of personalized gloves along with our Hydrating Hand Cream. Golfing all day is hard work.
- Set him up with a new regimen. Our Men’s Grooming Basics is a must-have for every man.
- Upgrade him. Does Dad have the bare essentials already? Upgrade his current skincare stash with The Executive Collection, a comprehensive set of men’s grooming essentials.
- Send him a “man crate” with all his favorite things. Like: his favorite ground coffee. A French press. Shaving Cream. A gift card to his favorite restaurant.
- Show him you care. Is he a jet-setter? Put together a care package that makes packing for every trip a little easier—and lets him think of you no matter where in the world he goes. Fill a classic dopp bag with travel-friendly, skincare essentials (just de-pot his favorite Shaving Cream, aftershave lotion, cleanser, serum, and scrub in containers 3.4oz. or smaller). Add in a disposable razor, a toothbrush, tooth paste, floss for good measure, then gift it with a subscription to his favorite magazine so he always has reading material for long flights.
- Spend the day with Dad. Whether he’s into hipster breweries or down for a good nature hike, plan a day that’s all about him from day to night. It’s not often we get to spend time with our Dads—make a day of it.
. . .
by Kimberly Yang
If you haven’t been keeping up with us on Instagram stories, you should probably change that.
Last month, we were whisked away for a company-wide retreat that quickly turned into a Disney World takeover. Need a mist? No problem. There’s a person in front of you and in back of you who’s armed with a Mario Badescu Facial Spray, ready to share a refreshing spritz with other weary waiters in line.
And between takes of tossing the facial spray in the air (#doitforthegram) and strategizing on how to hit all the best rides with minimal wait time, here’s what we learned:
- You’re never too old for Disney World.
- The buddy system is applicable to adults, too.
- There is a sweet spot between under-prepared and over-packed that’ll make your day in Disney all the smoother.
So, without further ado: a list of all the things we brought (or wish we remembered to bring) so you can have your perfect day in Disney:
- FACIAL SPRAY. Bring two bottles (one rosewater, one green tea if you’re so inclined) because come 3pm mid-day slam, adults and kids both will be fighting over who gets spritzed first. You will need the refresher every hour or so (sweaty theme parks and long lines will call for multiple misting sessions), and it’ll give the kids (or you, even!) something to play with while waiting for It’s A Small World.
#MBSkinTip: Do as the pros do. Stash your facial sprays the hotel fridge before you take on Disney World. That extra cooling boost is everything.
- OIL FREE MOISTURIZER SPF 30. The last thing you want to do is lug around a giant bag for 8+ hours. Not only is this sunscreen compact and travel-friendly, it’s universal—which means this one bottle will do the trick for the entire Disney crew (dry-skinned tot and oily teens both will love this formula).
- AFTER SUN COOLING GEL. Whether you’ve been a little lax with the sunscreen application or if you just want a cooling boost all-over, After Sun Cooling Gel is your go-to for an instant cooling, soothing boost. Skin that gets the most sun—like shoulders and arms—will find this to be a nice treat after walking in the sun all day long.
- LIP WAX. Chapped lips are no fun—especially in the sun.
- HYDRATING HAND CREAM. It sounds like a non-essential, but it’s not: Stay with me on this one. Between sun exposure, constant hand-washing, and frequent-hand sanitizing between rides and food stops, your hands will get uncomfortably dry. The solution? A lightweight, fast-absorbing hand cream that keeps hands happy and refreshed thanks to its Peppermint-infused formula. No greasy hand prints on rollercoaster bars found here.
- A PONCHO. Especially if you’re going to be in Orlando.
- POWER BANK OR SPARE BATTERY PACK. Between the Insta-stories, snaps, and Fast Pass ride bookings, you’ll need all the juice you can get. You need your phone to last you until the fireworks show. Need.
- SUNGLASSES, HAT, LIGHT JACKET. Do what you can to prevent painful sunburns and worse—future sun damage.
- A DISPOSABLE CAMERA. Kick it old-school and do it for the memories. (Plus, losing it on Space Mountain will bring a lot less heartbreak than finding out your Instax flew off mid-drop.)
- HAND SANITIZER. It’s a public space, people.
by Kimberly Yang
There’s an age-old adage that claims you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but we can’t vouch for it. If you’re in want of collecting a jarful of sticky flies, by all means—but we do know one thing honey attracts for sure: moisture.
Honey’s skincare benefits are plenty: this ingredient is full of natural antioxidants and is known to help boost moisture and radiance in depleted skin, which is why it’s been a favorite for those with dull or dehydrated complexions. Take Honey Moisturizer, for example, which was made to leave your skin soft, supple, and smooth. A lush blend of Honey and an antioxidant-rich oil protect against moisture loss and bring out the dewiness within. (We heard through the grapevine that Kyle Jenner starts her mornings with this Mario Badescu moisturizer.)
Another Honey-infused favorite: Almond & Honey Face Scrub, a delicious, creamy scrub that makes every exfoliating session a treat. A unique base of finely ground Almonds, Cornmeal, and Kaolin buffs away dulling surface impurities and dead skin cells as Honey and Sweet Almond Oil deeply nourish skin—making it the perfect scrub for dry or sensitive skin.
Honey Extract is also a key ingredient in other radiance-boosting products: It’s found in Revitalin Moisturizer to help revitalize depleted skin, Glycolic Skin Renewal Complex to further unveil a brighter, more even-looking complexion, and Skin Renewal Complex to deeply moisturize and pamper skin.