June 6, 2016
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Every Budget
- Customize a spa day, because dads need a day of indulgence too.
- A membership to his favorite golf and country club. Gifting him a set of monogrammed golf balls or a new set of clubs? Throw in a pair of personalized gloves along with our Hydrating Hand Cream. Golfing all day is hard work.
- Set him up with a new regimen. Our Men’s Grooming Basics (on sale!) is a must-have for every man.
- Upgrade him. Does Dad have the bare essentials already? Upgrade his current skincare stash with The Executive Collection (also on sale!), a comprehensive set of men’s grooming essentials.
- Send him a Man Crate with all his favorite things. Like: his favorite ground coffee. A French press. Shaving Cream. A gift card to his favorite restaurant.
- Show him you care. Is he a jet-setter? Put together a care package that makes packing for every trip a little easier—and lets him think of you no matter where in the world he goes. Fill a classic dopp bag with travel-friendly, skincare essentials (just de-pot his favorite Shaving Cream, After Shave Moisturizer, cleanser, serum, and scrub in containers 3.4oz. or smaller). Add in a disposable razor, a toothbrush, tooth paste, floss for good measure, then gift it with a subscription to his favorite magazine so he always has reading material for long flights.
- Spend the day with Dad. Whether he’s into hipster breweries or down for a good nature hike, plan a day that’s all about him from day to night. It’s not often we get to spend time with our Dads—make a day of it.
. . .
Plus, save big on our men’s kits!
June 1, 2016
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on The Monthly Edit: June Skincare Essentials
Welcome to #MarioMonthlyEdit, where you (yes, you) get a sneak peek at our current essentials. If you missed our last installment, check it out here.
When we’re between seasons, we like to keep our skincare simple. It’s a fickle transition—we’re getting both rainy, 40-degree days and gorgeous 90-degree weather within the course of one week—where it doesn’t feel quite like spring, but it’s also definitely not summer yet. All those ups and downs in climate are sure to confuse and drive your skin crazy.
Our #MBSkinTip? Stick to the basics your skin knows and loves. It’s a surefire way to help maintain balance; after all, nothing beats a solid selection of favorites. These are our June skincare staples:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel. When in doubt, reach for the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. It’s gentle on skin and tough on grime (thanks to its exfoliating AHA formula), which means every complexion is left refreshed. Cleanse with it first thing in the morning as a pick-me-up for tired skin, and use it again at night to thoroughly cleanse a day’s worth of pore-clogging buildup.
- Special Cucumber Lotion. We’re keeping most of our skincare the same as last month, but we’re swapping out our beloved Cucumber Cleansing Lotion for a toner that’s a step up. Cue the Special Cucumber Lotion, a Cucumber-infused astringent with a kick. It’s clarifying—making it perfect for oilier skin types who experience breakouts every so often—and helps control excess T-zone shine.
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. Yes, this is a fresh bottle on our shelves. Of course we go through it like water—especially now that we’ve started spritzing it on our hands, too.
- A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap. This is a must-have for glowing skin from head to toe. It’s formulated with exfoliating AHAs and fruit enzymes that help refresh skin and keep your skin looking clear and healthy just in time for those beach days.
. . .
May 23, 2016
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on Ingredient Spotlight: Peppermint Extract
Peppermint does more than freshen your breath.
We love peppermint. We love it in our toothpaste, in our favorite Girl Scout cookies (Thin Mints for the win!), and of course, in our nightly tea.
Turns out we love it Peppermint Extract our skincare, too. Here’s why:
- Peppermint Extract is best known for its ability to help calm and relieve stress. Aromatherapy benefits make any Peppermint-infused product a pleasure to use—especially after a long, trying day.
- Peppermint also boasts revitalizing properties that helps give skin a pick-me-up. Need an instant boost? Look for Peppermint Extract in the ingredient labels when you’re on the prowl for products. Our Hydrating Hand Cream is a favorite for that very reason—you get the lightweight hydration you need, with a refreshing kick that leaves tired hands feeling revived.
- There’s that soothing, cooling effect—thanks to its menthol content—we all know and love. If you’re looking to upgrade your shaving cream for something different, give our Peppermint Shaving Cream a spin. It’s guaranteed to leave your skin feeling fresh.
- It’s rich in nutrients. Peppermint leaves contain antioxidants Vitamin A and C, B vitamins, riboflavin, and folate to help brighten, soften, and tone the complexion.
. . .
May 17, 2016
by Nicole Darmanin
Comments Off on The Makeup Show NYC Sold-Out List
Moments before the doors opened, fully stocked.
So, which pro favorites will you be adding to your beauty musts? Are any of these in your medicine cabinet?
May 13, 2016
by Nicole Darmanin
Comments Off on #MBTravels: Houston, Texas
I like to think of myself as quite the domestic traveler. From Portland, Oregon to The French Quarter in Louisiana, and from Mackinac Island, Michigan to Quartzite, Arizona—I’ve been there. But somehow, Texas has evaded me . . . until now.
My mission (I chose to accept it): Pack your bags and head to Houston for 72 hours to spend quality time with our amazing retailers (I’m looking at you, Saks at The Galleria, Kuhl-Lindstrom, Blue Mercury Rice Village and Blue Mercury Woodway!) While you’re there, explore the city and make sure to post stories to @mariobadescu’s SnapChat and take pics for Instagram along the way.
Are you following our adventures on Snapchat?
Aye, Aye Captain(s)! Off I went to pack my bags. (oh, and speaking of bags, Kim hasn’t converted me to team carry-on just yet—though her minimalism does inspire.) My travel regimen hasn’t changed much since I visited Los Angeles in March, but I did pack a few special things in anticipation of Houston’s warm, humid weather.
Apricot Super Rich Body Lotion– I’m a firm believer that skin care is just as important from the neck down as it is for your face. This is a travel favorite for two reasons: first, it is the perfect weight to keep skin soft even in warm weather and second the delicious apricot scent lingers with perfect subtlety, allowing me forego traditional fragrance altogether.
Herbal Hydrating Serum– This weightless water-based hydrator is like a drink of water for the skin. The truth is, this is one of my year-round staples, but when travelling to warmer climates it becomes indispensable.
Rose Hips Mask– One tends to become very aware of the affect that recycled airplane skin has on the skin when one must stand up in front of a room of people and talk skin care. This mask helps me save face (literally!) by gently refining and restoring my tired, slightly dehydrated post-travel skin.
What’s that? How was Houston, you ask? So fun! I met lots of friendly people, went shopping at The Galleria, ate tacos at CityCentre, and strolled around The Museum District. Mission definitely accomplished!