June 13, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on Calling All MB Lovers!
‘Cause you know—sharing your beauty haul is caring.
Here’s what we want to know:
• What’d you get? (Show ‘n Tell will never get old)
• Which were your favorites?
• Which of your free samples do you plan on trying next?
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @mariobadescu!
June 12, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on 10 Reasons Why You Should Book A Spa Day, NOW
If you haven’t visited our salon & spa yet—a Manhattan fixture frequented by celebs and supermodels—for what visitors have called the go-to for “the best facial in New York City,” you might be missing out. Not in NYC? No problem: try one of our DIY facials instead—but remember: profession facials are important to skin health.
- It’s been a while since you last did something for yourself. A while as in…you’ve lost track.
- Really. You still can’t think of a time you had a few hours (much less a day) to yourself. Was it before school started? During that vacation years ago? Before you had kids?
- The stress, the running around, it’s bound to wreak havoc on your skin. We’re talking potential for breakouts, pre-mature aging, letting your skin go. We cannot have that. We. Simply. Cannot.
- You deserve this! You deserve the indulgence!
- You haven’t seen your mom or girlfriends in a while. This would be the perfect girl’s day. No one says no to a spa trip.
- …because if you don’t take the first step, no one else will. Do it. Take one for the team. Someone’s gotta inspire the rest of the pack to do right by their skin… right?
- Makeup is a hassle. It also gets expensive. Good skin means less makeup so of course booking a facial is a step in the right direction.
- You’re also in need of a few other services. The mani/pedi sitch is in need of some attention and, since you can get pampered while you’re getting your facial, you’re saving yourself a boat load of time running from place to place. Efficiency, people. Spa trips are effective and efficient!
- You have always wanted to wake up, #flawless. (A good European facial will help you achieve that, stat.)
- Everyone deserves beautiful skin. It’s your turn to feel every bit as beautiful as you are.
. . .
June 11, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on How To Shave Better: Borrow From The Boys
We borrow their button-ups and jeans (ok, fine – sometimes we keep them). Now we’re raiding their medicine cabinets too.
Keep in mind that men’s grooming products are expertly designed for skin subject to daily shaving. Tools may be important, but the secret to a perfectly effortless shave is all in the skincare. Take it from the boys: it’s their jars of pre- and post-shave products that make the job (and end result!) so much smoother. Here’s how to shave without irritation:
- CONDITION. Prep every shave with our Pre-Shave Conditioner for a smoother, more comfortable shaving experience. A calming blend of Azulene and Lavender Extract helps soothe and soften, enabling the blade to glide across skin with minimal irritation.
- PREP. Get a close shave with our classic Shaving Cream, which features a rich, non-foaming consistency to further soften hair and skin. Or, give the Peppermint Shaving Cream a go: it’s a personal favorite given its unique hydrating and cooling properties.
- TREAT. Our lightweight Protein After Shave Lotion, to be used immediately following any shaving session, features Peppermint Extract to help cool and tone for a refreshing boost all while reducing irritations. (Dry skin types can skip this step; after shave tends to have a slight alcohol content for antiseptic benefits.)
- MOISTURIZE. You can use your favorite body lotion, of course, but I much prefer applying the After Shave Moisturizer post-shave. (Regular lotions are saved for non-shaving days.) It makes a huge difference in helping to soothe sensitivities skin—especially after you’ve shaven—while keeping skin soft and well-hydrated. This moisturizer was specifically formulated to help replenish lost moisture and deliver soothing Allantoin to help calm skin and prevent irritation.
. . .
Which ‘men’s’ products do YOU use?
June 10, 2015
Comments Off on Q. Is It Too Late To Make A Major Difference In Your Skin?
A. Absolutely not! Whether you have a lot of sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, or acne scarring, it’s never too late to make a serious difference in your skin. Here’s how:
- First, start using daily sun protection (if you aren’t already). This will make any existing skin conditions less visible. Exposing skin to the sun darkens age spots, acne scars, and sun spots. It also dries out the skin, making wrinkles and fine lines more noticeable. This moisturizer with broad spectrum sun protection is super-popular: Collagen Moisturizer SPF 15.
- Vitamin C helps visibly brighten the skin. We’re obsessed with Vitamin C for a good reason—it works to help fade hyperpigmentation for a more even skin tone. The Vitamin C Serum is a must-have for age spots, sun spots, etc.
- Regular exfoliation will speed up skin cell turnover. Remember that, as we age, skin cells shed at a slower rate, causing the skin to appear older and dull. Incorporating exfoliation sheds these aging, dulling dead skin cells, thereby fighting skin wrinkling and hyperpigmentation. Our new Botanical Exfoliating Scrub uses finely ground seeds (crushed in a controlled process) to ensure overall even exfoliation while Coconut, Ginger, Ginkgo, Aloe, and Ginkgo nourish the skin.
- PEPTIDES. Oh how we love our Peptides. Here’s what you really need to know—Peptides work by signaling the skin to create new collagen. Collagen is the substance in the skin that keeps it firm and taut, and depletion of Collagen is what causes the skin to sag. More collagen = fewer fine lines and wrinkles, and more taut skin!
June 9, 2015
by Kimberly Yang
Comments Off on Q&A: Will Arm Acne Ruin Your Summer?
Q. Help! It’s nearly summer but I HATE showing my arms! I’m breaking out on my shoulders and I have bumps and pimples up and down the back of my arms. Is this normal? What can I do to make them go away?
A. First things first: yes, it’s completely normal to experience breakouts on your arm. Body acne is actually incredibly common (find out why it happens here) and can affect your neck, chest, back, shoulders, and yes, your arms too.
Here’s what we recommend:
- Cleanse daily using our A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap. The Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) found naturally in the featured fruit extracts help to dissolve away pore-clogging buildup that contributes to those bumps and breakouts. This formula effectively cleanses and exfoliates the skin all in one.
- That said, do NOT manually exfoliate! This means no harsh, granular scrubs because they can tear open pimples, leaving them open, raw, and vulnerable to infection and scarring. Stick to chemical exfoliation, please!
- Add a toner into your body care regimen. Our Special Cleansing Lotion ‘O’ was formulated specifically with back, chest, and arm acne in mind. Acne-fighting and oil-absorbing ingredients in this extra-strength formulation help to deep clean and promote clearer skin. Simply dampen a cotton pad and wipe affected areas until the cotton comes up clean.
- Then, spot treat as you would with breakouts on your face. For whiteheads—small, round, pus-filled bumps—use our Drying Lotion to help shrink spots overnight. Use our Buffering Lotion if you’re experiencing larger, red, under-the-skin bumps.
- To help speed the clearing process, incorporate our Drying Mask into your routine two to three times a week. Try layering a few drops of the Buffering Lotion under the mask to help further enhance anti-acne benefits. Be sure to apply only to areas that are currently erupted or prone to breakouts.
- You also want to moisturize. To help ensure your skin is balanced (which is key; skin that’s too dry or oily is susceptible to breakouts!), try using an oil-free moisturizer to lightly hydrate without the pore-clogging oils.
- In the NYC area? Our salon offers a unique back or chest treatment for problem skin that helps to target acne and minimize congestion leading to breakouts on the body. It includes gentle cleansing, steaming, extractions, and other anti-acne treatments to help deep clean acne-erupted or acne-prone skin.
. . .
Got a question?
Leave a comment or tweet us and our skin care experts will help you out!