September 12, 2015
Comments Off on Facial Spray Love
Just in case you aren’t already one of the millions of Facial Spray devotees (and even if you are!), here are a few of our favorite uses for this multipurpose spray!
- Freshening up after a workout
- Adding a dewy glow while setting makeup
- Helping you to wake up! I keep a bottle on my nightstand for this purpose (you can also spray your significant other if he/she won’t wake up!)
- Keeping skin hydrated on long, drying flights
- Freshening up your makeup when you don’t have time to wash up
- Wetting makeup sponges before applying foundation
- Refreshing hair
- As a 30-second time-out ritual when someone/something is driving you crazy
- Spraying your day and night creams for extra hydration
- To help you feel a little more special on an average day. It has such a lovely (subtle) scent; something about pulling this little bottle out of your purse and spritzing away just feels indulgent in the best way possible <3
Everyone at MB has at least 3 bottles in constant rotation: one for the office, one for your bag, and one at home.
Photo credit: @dounia_beauty_addict, @alektrain_longevity, @beauty_mumma, and @mrsciararae. Find us on Instagram @mariobadescu
September 11, 2015
Comments Off on Can These Things Give You Bad Skin?
September 10, 2015
Comments Off on #InstaMB: Why Natural Products?
Follow Mario Badescu Skin Care on Instagram @MarioBadescu
September 10, 2015
Comments Off on 6 Rules For Skin Care Shopping
- Think long-term. The best way to avoid acne marks/scars (not to mention fine lines and wrinkles) is to prevent them in the first place.
- Get to know your skin. Avoid thinking that something should work for you because it worked for your sister.
- Set goals. Create your skin care regimen based on your specific goals. Are you trying to clear up your acne? Make your dry, dull skin feel healthy and look glowing? Once you know what you want, you can go after it.
- Think holistically. Your facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer, etc. need to work together, as a team effort.
- Make the commitment. Show up for your skin every day, twice a day.
- Ask for help. Not sure which products are best for your skin? ASK US! Please! We’re more than thrilled to help. Don’t feel like dealing with people? You can always take our online skin analysis, which will create a customized regimen for you.
September 8, 2015
Comments Off on The Perfect Moisturizer For Makeup
It’s really important to wait for moisturizer to fully sink in before applying your makeup. This helps create the right canvas for putting on foundation (or primer, whatever’s your next step), and helps it to stay fresh longer. Usually, when I’m running late and can’t wait the minute for it to sink in, I stand in front of my bedroom fan for a few seconds.
Makeup artists are usually experts in skin care, for obvious reasons. Many of them are pretty big fans of our Moisture Magnet SPF 15 to help hydrate skin and create a solid base for makeup application. It’s fairly lightweight and includes broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection (because,of course). It’s one of our favorite anti-aging daytime moisturizers.
(If you have oily skin, this moisturizer is the perfect moisturizer for you.)