Welcome to #MarioMonthlyEdit, where you (yes, you) get a sneak peek at our current essentials. If you missed our last installment, check it out here.
There are two types of people in this world: (1) Those who believe in the magic of the New Year, and (2) those who view September as the start of something new. Back-to-school may end after your mid- to late 20s, but for some of us (myself included) who can’t undo years of conditioning, it’s a sentiment that never dies.
September is more than just finding the best deal on school supplies: it’s a time to start over. We spruce up our notebooks and reinvent our wardrobes to put our best face forward for the new season—why not do the same for your skin?
The goal this month is to clear out the old and make room for the tried-and-true. Keep things simple by going back to the basics; this is not the time to be fussing around with new products. (If, however, you’re feeling adventurous, make sure you keep a bottle of Drying Lotion and Azulene Calming Mask on hand to get rid of problem spots and re-balance skin fast.)
This is what’s on our back-to-school/September skin care roster:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel. It’s the go-to face wash for all skin types. Whether you’re slightly dry, on the oily side, or smack-in-the-middle normal, our Enzyme Cleansing Gel is just what you need to help refresh and brighten skin. Fruit enzymes and exfoliating alpha hydroxy acids help rid the skin of dulling dead skin cells and pore-clogging oil—leaving your complexion feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the world (or, your first day of school).
Remember: no matter how stressful your school days get, never, never go to bed without washing your face!
- Aloe Vera Toner. When you’re under pressure at school and work, your skin might freak—so to help keep your complexion in check, we suggest using a super gentle toner like this one. As its name suggests, our Aloe Vera Toner features Aloe to lightly hydrate while delivering soothing benefits to the skin.
- Botanical Exfoliating Scrub. Revitalizing ingredients like Ginger, Ginkgo, Green Tea, and Coconut help invigorate lackluster skin and wake up tired skin. The star of the show, however, are the finely ground Ecuadorian Ivory Palm Seeds that gently buff away dead skin to reveal a brighter and more even-toned complexion.
- Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30. It’s creamy yet oil-free; hydrating, never greasy; and antioxidant-rich (thanks to its Green Tea content!). What more could you want from a moisturizer?
- Azulene Calming Mask. Specially formulated to help comfort skin, our Azulene Calming Mask is a must-have of makeup artists and aestheticians worldwide. Keep a jar in your medicine cabinet in case your complexion needs a soothing boost to de-stress and re-boot.
- Flower & Tonic Mask. Be sure to deep clean at least once a week, too. This gentle clay mask helps purify pores and draw out impurities without leaving your skin feeling dry or tight. For best results, exfoliate first!
- Drying Lotion. You never know when a pesky problem might pop up—and you and I both know they love to sneak up on us the night before a big day. Luckily for you, you’ve got your overnight solution right here.
- Buffering Lotion. For those large, under-the-surface bumps that never seem to go away, don’t fret (and definitely don’t try to poke, prod, or pop). Our Buffering Lotion features gentle ingredients that work to help clarify skin and reduce the size of existing blemishes—making it a must-have for troubled skin.
. . .