Moments to yourself for dolce far niente (an Italian philosophy famously explored in Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love meaning “the sweetness of doing nothing”) are few and far between. TLC, R&R, ABC, XYZ – which modern-day woman has the time to indulge?
Take advantage of those long-haul flights (and car rides!). There’s no better time or place for a spa treatment for you combo/dry to dry types because (1) you’re left with few options mid-air, (2) you can still multitask, you Wonderwoman! And (3) your skin needs it; flying dehydrates and exhausts the skin. You and your skin both need it – and deserve it. Any questioning glances? Forget they exist. You come first.
But first things first: decant all your MB favorites (like Martha Stewart does) into little travel-sized containers and bottles; remember, TSA-friendly is 3 oz or less!
1. Cleanse your skin. We love products like our Cleansing Milk with Carnation and Rice Oil. It’s an oil-based, tissue-off cleanser, so it removes all makeup (this is crucial!) without stripping the skin. The best part? No trip to the tiny airplane bathroom; no water is needed.
2. Indulge. Apply a few drops of your favorite serum. The Cellufirm Drops is fantastic as it provides an optimum base of moisture retention and improves the firmness and elasticity of your skin. Our Hyaluronic Emulsion with Vitamin C is similar to the Cellufirm drops, acting also as a barrier against dryness and heat. Another lovely option is the Vitamin C Serum – a powerful antioxidant formula that tones and improves texture whilst brightening your complexion. Take you pick – what do you need?
3. Nourish. With our Ginkgo Mask, a creamy, gel mask that doesn’t harden on the skin. It’s the ultimate mask for frequent travelers – it soothes and nourishes dehydrated, parched skin with a blend of oils. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before removing it with the Cleansing Milk.
4. Tone. For a truly thorough cleanse and instant refresher.
5. Moisturize. Protect against dehydration; feed your skin. You want that soft and supple skin post-flight? Indulge with a cream. Combo/oily skin types will love our Orange Protective Cream or Ginseng Moist Cream, and anyone dryer will adore the Hydro-Emollient Cream (a.k.a. “the in-flight cream” at the MB offices!). They’re absolutely lush – your skin will drink it all in.
Don’t forget to re-apply lip balm consistently!
And eye cream is a must – apply under the eyes and around the outer corner up to the brow bone (target those crow’s feet!).
Repeat any of the steps as needed. But in between each step, slip a lavender-filled eye mask over your eyes and sleep. Or, plug in that laptop and get work done. Whatever makes you happy.
. . .
Do you have an in-flight beauty regimen? Tell us about it!