So I lied – there’s no weekend getaway on the itinerary. Not exactly at least – no beaches or lazy mornings are on the horizon – just a quick business trip that just so happens to fall on a weekend. (I’m a full-time copywriter, part-time dancer and salsa instructor.)
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel. The ultimate go-to cleanser.
- Cucumber Cleansing Lotion. The toner I use to help prevent acne breakouts and control shine.
- Vitamin C Serum. A little bottle of dewiness!
- Ceramide Eye Gel. I’ll be popping this little guy in the mini fridge for a morning pick-me-up and instant eye area de-puffer.
- Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 17. A steadfast favorite and skincare must.
- Temporary Lifting Mask. My roommates will have to bear with me, big nights call for bringing out the big guns which in this case is the ideal special occasion mask that immediately tightens, cleanses, and refines the skin.
- Lip balms. For obvious reasons. I always have multiples because (a) I’m a lip balm hoarder, and (b) I cannot be without lip balm, ever.
- Shampoo & conditioner.
- AHA Botanical Body Soap. At least 16-hours of dancing will be done and dusted each day, and if you’re privy to my post-workout beauty routine, you’ll know that this cleanser is an absolute must for keeping skin fresh and free of acne-causing bacteria (you know the deal: sweating is great for the mind/body/soul, also becomes a breeding ground for bacteria).
- Formula 200 Body Lotion. Few things are more dangerous than a slippery body lotion when partner dancing and doing in-air tricks, so this formula is one of my favorites. It keeps the arms and gams glowing without leaving a slipper slick behind.
- Summer Shine Body Lotion. For subtle highlighting shimmer and feeling summery.
- Facial cleansing wipes. Instant refreshers between workshops and things.
- Rosewater Facial Spray. Always necessary for refreshing, rehydrating, or setting makeup.
- Mini deodorant. Smelling nice is always a good idea.
- Assorted Band-Aids. There is no guarantee that my poor feet will survive this trip, so bandages are most definitely a necessity, as are…
- Toe separators. You use them for pedicures, I use them post-dancing in my salsa shoes.
- Nude nail polish. For touch-ups and inevitable chips along the way.
- Emory board
- Disposable razors
- Hair grips, bobby pins, and clips
- Teasing comb
- Dry shampoo. To refresh hair every few hours.
. . .