My bio (below) says that I dance. A lot.
What it doesn’t say, however, is that I love old-school dance films (like Girls Just Want to Have Fun) almost as much as I love our Vitamin C Serum. The number of times I’ve dreamed about 80s dance scenes with big hair and high-cut leotards, I couldn’t tell you. It kind of happens a lot; I sometimes wish I was Janey Glenn (played by Sarah Jessica Parker in Girls Just Want to Have Fun) and auditioning for Dance TV. That hair flip! Those high kicks! The energy is palpable three decades later.
Needless to say, these ladies work up a sweat.
Post-workout beauty is a breeze, but what to do for all those crazy rehearsals and performances on stage? What a girl wants is skincare that absorbs quickly and keeps the skin hydrated and something that keeps the T-zone shine-free while imparting a natural, teeny-bopper-like glow. Forget heavy creams and serums; they’ll only slip and slide right off.
Here’s what these dancing queens would have loved:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel. It’s the perfect post-performance or post-rehearsal refresher that gets rid of all that buildup, sweat, and stage makeup (that 80s makeup is no joke).
- Glycolic-Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion. The secret to a perfect complexion for no-makeup rehearsal sessions with hunky boys? This. It deep-cleans pores and evens out tone and texture for clear, healthy skin.
- Ceramide Eye Gel. Baby doesn’t worry about late nights – a few tap-tap smoothing motions to apply this eye gel instantly helps de-puffs and rehydrate tired eyes. Early morning rehearsals have nothing on her!
- Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 17. Janey/SJP was constantly between sneaking out windows, rehearsing into the late night and heading to gymnastics practice the next day. An oil-free moisturizer is her best friend: it keeps her skin hydrated (and is perfectly non-fussy for day and night use) wherever, whenever. It’s non-greasy, meaning it won’t melt off your face during intense rehearsals or slip and slide under stage makeup.
- Special Healing Powder. A light dusting keeps oily skin and shiny T-zones in check. Eighties dancing beauties want glow-y or glittery – not greasy.
- AHA Botanical Body Soap. Hours of buildup from sweat and natural oils become a breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria. This body soap keeps skin clear and refreshed as a pick-me-up, post-rehearsal sweat session.
- Raspberry Body Scrub. Living in leotards and shorts requires a good amount of exfoliating.
- Botanical Firming Lotion. It’s all for the sake of those leotards. A blend of amino acids, botanicals and caffeine help perk you up for touchable, soft skin.
- Vitamin E Body Lotion. You want sheen, not grease (you don’t want to slip through your partner’s grip). It’s lightweight, absorbs easily and smells lovely. Your partner (and your skin) will thank you.
- Summer Shine Body Lotion. Too much shimmer, said no 80s dancing diva, ever. Lucky for you, this one’s less disco queen and more modern day maven. A little goes a long way: a few dabs on the collar bones, shoulders and down the front of the legs leaves the most beautiful glow for a night out dancing, or a Flashdance moment on center stage.
. . .