New year, new skin is what everyone’s saying—but make no mistake: there’s nothing wrong with the skin you’re in, now.
In light of gratitude and positive thinking, let’s approach skin care a little differently in 2018. What do you love about your skin? What does your skin crave? Start with the qualities you appreciate and work from there. For example: You love how dewy your skin looks even in the dead of winter, but you wouldn’t mind cutting back on some shine to maintain the balance. Easy solution: Use a clay-based mask a few times a week to help deep clean and absorb excess oil. Or, perhaps you’re grateful that breakouts are something you never have to worry about—but could use a little pick-me-up in the hydration department. The answer? Mist your complexion throughout the day with our hydrating facial spray, and layer up your serums and moisturizers.
This New Year’s, make a resolution to carve out time for self-care—which means, taking care of your skin twice a day, seven days a week. Make that commitment, because you’re in it for the long haul. (We read somewhere that it only takes 21 days for something new to become a habit. Put in the elbow grease for three weeks and before you know it, you won’t be able to leave the house or go to bed without following your skin care routine.) Plus, in 10 years, you’ll be grateful you’ve held onto that resolution.
Here’s how to get started.
- Never go to bed with makeup on. Ever.
- Cleanse twice daily. Here’s how to find your perfect face wash.
- Make it a mission to incorporate eye cream into your daily regimen. I’m the overachiever who keeps a jar of eye cream with me at all times (true story, read more about it here), but you could easily do just fine with applying it every morning and evening.
- Moisturizer is non-negotiable. In fact, your choice of moisturizer can make or break your skin care regimen. This is how to pick the right one.
- Take your regimen to the next level. Add a serum into the mix; it can be game-changing. Find the right serum for your skin, here.
- Make exfoliation a regular part of your routine. Need a few ideas on how to get your ultimate glowing skin regimen? Check out our guide.
- Mask twice a week. If you’re not masking, you’re missing out. Not sure where to start? Check out our guide on which masks are best for what, here.