Are blackheads the bane of your existence? You’re not alone. A fast and furious stream of questions on this topic flows into MB headquarters every single day.
Blackheads are not only frustrating because of the visible black dots they sprinkle on your face, but maddening because once they pop up, they kind of just hang out . . . indefinitely. Those prone to blackheads encounter more of a problem if their current skin care regimen provides a hospitable environment for blackheads to live. Unlike other kinds of acne, blackheads don’t flare up then fizzle out and disappear, nope, blackheads reside. They will live on your face until you shake up your routine in a way that makes your skin uninhabitable.
The bad news? There is no magic cure for blackheads. The good news? I’m going to give you a plan of attack that will send these unwanted guests packing.
Firstly, it is important to know what a blackhead is so that you can understand how to get rid of them. A blackhead occurs when a pore becomes filled with sebaceous material—the natural oily substance produced by your skin—and oxidizes. This is the same process that causes sliced apples and avocados to turn brown after being exposed to air for a period of time. This is also why blackheads are so darn visible.
To improve the appearance of blackheads we must make sure to not allow that sebaceous material to sit in the pore for too long. The best way to do this is to add a few simple elements to your skin care regimen that will help to do the following: absorb oils from the pore, dissolve, and/or polish away pore-clogging material from the skin’s surface so that it doesn’t have a chance to darken.
For a winning blackhead-fighting skin routine, try adding one item from each of the categories below to your regimen:
Silver Powder– This uber-absorbent powder has earned a cult following of loyalists who love it for its ability to attack blackhead-prone areas like the nose, cheeks, and chin.
Special Mask for Oily Skin-This mask is specially formulated to help prevent clogged pores (which lead to you-know-whats. . .) on skin types that are prone to excess oil production.
Tonic Masks– This entire line of masks is formulated with absorbent Kaolin Clay to help keep skin clear.
Glycolic Foaming Cleanser– Use this exfoliating cleanser 3 times a week to break down excess oil and dulling dead skin cells.
Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion– Give your skin a swipe of this classic brightening toner twice daily to keep pores in check and gently brighten with Grapefruit and Lemon Extracts.
Anti-Acne Serum– The Salicylic Acid in this non-drying serum works to penetrate and cleanse pores. Apply a thin layer over problem areas before bed and fight blackheads while you sleep!
Botanical Exfoliating Scrub– Finely ground Ecuadorian Ivory Palm Seeds perfectly polish pores—use regularly so that oxidation doesn’t have a chance to occur and blackheads don’t stand a chance!
What’s your biggest skin concern? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, maybe we’ll write a post about it!
- How To Get Rid Of Blackheads: Silver Powder I don’t know what the weather is like where you are, but here in the Northeast U.S. there couldn’t be a better...
- Mario Badescu to the Rescue: Banish Blackheads! Are you fed up with blackheads that just won’t go away? Check out our five easy steps for preventing and...
- Getting Rid Of Blackheads Ugh, we hate blackheads. Worst! For getting rid of blackheads, thank goodness for our Silver Powder. This unusual product doesn’t...
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Blackheads? You know that you want to get rid of Blackheads, but how much do you really know about them? We believe...
- Addicted To Squeezing Blackheads Bad bathroom lighting has caused more stretched pores than anything else. Allow me to explain: Have you ever caught a...