Planning a trip to Visit the Mario Badescu Facial Salon in NYC?
Here’s what to expect!
What exactly is a “Mario Badescu Facial”?
What kind of facial should I book?
Will my visit to the Mario Badescu Spa be a Zen-like experience?
Yes and no. This is a tricky question. I’ve first-hand had hundreds of barely coherent conversations with post-facial clients who are sleepily floating their way out of our doors after their Mario Badescu facial. Even more guests have told me that they’ve fallen asleep during their treatments. However (insert record scratch), there are a few things to consider. Our number one priority is to help your skin look its very best. There are many spas where the main goal is to help you relax. I really like those places. Those places are lovely. I even visit them myself. . .when I need to relax. When my skin is rebelling, the Mario Badescu Salon is the only place I go.
Why might a Mario Badescu facial not feel very Zen-like? Firstly, extractions pinch. Secondly, our bustling salon has been a skin care institution on Manhattan’s East Side for 50 years. That’s five decades of solid problem-solving skin care. And five decades of growth, in a residential building, in New York City–do you see where I’m going here? We’ve grown into every available square foot and currently have 37 treatment rooms. In fact, when we are completely booked we accommodate over 150 facials a day!
That’s a lot of clients (not to mention aestheticians, skin specialists, managers, and housekeeping staff) coming in and out of our door. There are some days when we are positively BUZZING and the activity is palpable. I absolutely love the energy and seeing all of our amazing clients (many of whom we know by name, hi guys!), but at those moments I probably wouldn’t describe the atmosphere as perfectly peaceful.
Who is your best aesthetician?
How often should I have a Mario Badescu facial?
How far in advance do I have to book my appointment?
Where exactly is the salon?
The Mario Badescu Skin Care Salon is housed on the ground level of a residential building on Manhattan’s East Side. The address is 320 East 52nd Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues. The salon is tucked away with our only signage being a plaque on the left side of the building’s entrance. Once you enter the building, there is a doorman who can point you in the right direction.
No facial? No worries!
You don’t have to be booked for a facial to come visit Mario Badescu’s flagship location. We have lots of customers who come to shop for products and get our in-house staff’s expert product recommendations. Fun fact: This is the only place that carries the entire Mario Badescu Skin Care line. So, please visit, don’t be shy. We’d love to meet you!
- The Mario Badescu DIY Vitamin C Facial Vitamin C offers a number of serious benefits for the skin, including: Building Collagen; Helping to impart a healthy looking...
- The Mario Badescu DIY Seaweed Facial Marine botanicals are formulated in many of our products due to their various advantages: natural anti-inflammatory, nourishing, anti-bacterial and hydrating...
- 5 Tips: Mario Badescu Facial Spray Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater is easily one of the most sought after products in the...
- Mario Badescu to the Rescue: Banish Blackheads! Are you fed up with blackheads that just won’t go away? Check out our five easy steps for preventing and...
- Mario Badescu And The American Dream For hundreds of years, people have been coming to the United States in search of the American Dream. Chemist and...