T G I F !
The acronym says it all. There’s nothing more satisfying (and equally torturous) than waking up with knowledge that it’s Friday (TGIF!) only to realize that there’s still the remainder of Friday before it’s actually the weekend. Trust. We know the feeling all too well—counting down the hours, minutes, seconds before clocking out, heading home, doing last minute chores and finally relaxing.
While we’ve produced skin miracles (our customers’ words!), we haven’t the ability to make Fridays whiz by. If we could, we would have done that a looong time ago. However, we do have little tips and tricks for making those last nine-to-five hours worth it. Yes, really. Patience is a virtue, forget instant gratification, and let the wait be the reward itself.
Set aside at least one hour to yourself every Friday night. Disconnect from the rest of the world (no phones, no internet, nothing!). Wind down. (no really, part ways with your computer/laptop/cell phone/etc.!). Whether you decide to stay in or head out, start your Friday nights right by treating your skin for a bit of at-home TLC. After all, there’s nothing like a refreshing cleanse, scrub and mask to rid ourselves of the workweek’s stress and start the weekend anew.
Our favorite little recipe for quick fix? Though the following products recommended are great for most skin types, please keep your individual skin type in mind!
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel
- Almond & Honey Face Scrub
- Orange Tonic Mask
- clean wash cloth
- a good book or magazine
- cucumber slices (optional)
- Squeeze a dime to nickel-sized amount of the Enzyme Cleansing Gel into the palm of your hand and massage it onto your face. Work it into the skin in circular motions, letting it remove a day’s worth of makeup, dirt, and oil while rejuvenating your skin. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat your face dry with a clean wash cloth. Ahh. Already you should feel a bit more refreshed!
- Scoop a bit of this delectable (smelling) blend and massage the Almond & Honey Scrub onto your face for 30 seconds to one minute. Relaxation calls for a silky, mild exfoliant that helps reveal softer, smoother, supple skin. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Exfoliating ensures that any dulling, pore-clogging buildup is removed from the surface, which enables products to better absorb into your skin—which makes this the perfect time to mask. Apply a thin layer of the Orange Tonic Mask (a light, creamsicle-scented delight!) over your entire face, neck, and décolleté. For the next 15-20 minutes read a magazine, start a new book, or lie down with cucumber slices over your eyes. Relax.
- Once the mask has fully dried, cleanse your skin thoroughly. Pat dry.
Serves one. Double, triple, quadruple the ingredients for a girl’s night! Tell me you don’t feel much better already.
. . .