I learned a lot in my 600 hours of skin care training.
Here’s what I discovered: There was so much that I didn’t know about skin. Also, the tests that are required to become a licensed esthetician are really difficult!
1. The gland that secretes oil is known as the ____.
2. The skin’s surface is protected by a lipid matrix known as the ____.
3. Which of these is NOT a cause of acne.
Certain cosmetics and skin care products
None of the above; they all cause acne.
4. What skin type is characterized by small pores?
5. Dehydrated skin lacks ____.
6. Which of these is not true about tanning:
Tanning represents a healthy appearance after spending time in the sun.
A ‘tan’ is the change in the skin’s pigment due to melanin production as a defense against the sun’s rays.
The sun damage caused by tanning is the number one cause of aging.
Tanning increases the risk of developing skin cancer.
7. This area of the face has the fewest oil glands
Around the eyes
Give yourself one point for each correct answer! 1. Sebaceous 2. Barrier Function 3. None of the above; they all cause acne 4. Dry 5. Water [Read: What’s the difference between dry and dehydrated skin?] 6. Tanning represents a healthy appearance after spending time in the sun. 7. Around the eyes
1-3 Points: Skin Care Novice! Stay tuned to our blog and learn more!
4-5 Points: You’re still learning, but you’re definitely on the road to becoming an expert!
6-7 Points: You’re an expert! You definitely read beauty blogs and keep up with the latest and best in skin care!