We’re leaving winter behind. Every last dull, flaking bit of it.
1. Glycolic’s the name of the game.
Bringing life back to lackluster winter starts at the beginning. Your path to radiance starts with our Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. A few times a week, supplement your usual cleanser for this deep-cleaning, exfoliating cleanser to help break down dulling, pore-clogging dead skin cell buildup.
What you’re left with is brighter, smoother, more even skin.
A treatment like our Enzyme Revitalizing Mask can do wonders in delivering intense moisture to post-winter skin. Plus, it’s packed with Alpha Hydroxy Acids, which means spring skin gets a revitalizing boost.
Twenty minutes in and you’re already on your way to spring-ready skin.
3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
When you exfoliate regularly (chemical exfoliants, granular scrubs, or both – take your pick!), you’re allowing your skin to better absorb all the skincare you put on it later. Moisturizers absorb so much more quickly; plus, all the good ingredients get to work more effectively. No buildup, no extra work to get into the skin.
Now it’s about choosing the right moisturizer. With warmer weather and more sun (so much yay!), switching to a more lightweight, broad spectrum formula is highly recommended. Leave the heavier stuff for night: skin repairs and regenerates while you sleep, so it’s the perfect time to indulge your skin. Investing in a night cream ensures your skin is getting the right care throughout the evening so you wake up looking – and feeling – brighter, refreshed, and more radiant.
Want to learn more about moisturizers? Read this!
4. Layer up to boost your glow!
Your skin care, not your clothes! (Can we get a woot-woot for retiring bulky sweaters and puffy jackets?)
It’s the secret to achieving that dewy – never oily – youthful looking glow. When skin is properly hydrated, it’s not just more radiant: skin looks smoother and plumper, which helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Boost your glow with these secret weapons:
- Herbal Hydrating Serum. This versatile, oil-free gel can be used alone (for oily skin types) or layered over day (or night!) moisturizers for an extra kick of hydration.
Why it works: Nourishing Ceramides plus rejuvenating Ginseng and Gingko Extracts leave skin soft and hydrated.
- Rose Hips Nourishing Oil. It’s a step up from our Herbal Hydrating Serum. Though lightweight in formulation, this oil helps provide the skin with intense moisture wherever needed. It’s a great one to tote around if ever you experience pesky flaky bits (around the nose, between the brows, cheeks) that crave hydration.
Why It Works: Rose Hips Extract, made from Rose Hips Oil (a natural source of Vitamin C), has a high Linoleic Acid content that helps hydrate skin while delivering antioxidant protection against free radicals.
- Vitamin C Serum. I’ve waxed poetic about how much I love this stuff. If three years sans break isn’t enough of a testament to why this antioxidant serum is a keeper, let the results speak for themselves.
Why It Works: This serum packs all the good stuff. Vitamin C helps brighten uneven skin tone and reduce visible signs of aging; Hyaluronic Acid helps preserve skin’s natural moisture; and Collagen helps plump the complexion for enhanced firmness and elasticity.
5. Still craving even more glow?
We won’t stop you. (Dewy skin is always the end game here at Mario.) Here are some of our beauty tricks and tips:
- Liquid and cream products tend to better mimic (or in some cases, enhance) the skin’s natural glow.
- There’s nothing like a good radiance-boosting primer and highlighter. Coupled with good skin care, the results are the-bomb-dot-com.
- A little bit of shimmer and shine never hurt anybody. Our Summer Shine Body Lotion gives you that subtle yet beautiful glow; dab it on your collarbones, shoulders, and down the front of your legs to make all winter drab a thing of yester-year.
- Keep a bottle of our facial spray. Give your skin an instant boost of hydration whenever, wherever. Hydrated skin is happy skin. And healthy, happy skin glows, glows, glows.
. . .