… because it’s what’s on the inside of your skin care products that counts.
. . .
What is it?
Witch Hazel was first used by Native Americans as a one-stop remedy for inflammation, swelling and even tumors. Derived from the leaves, petals and bark of the Witch Hazel shrub, Witch Hazel Extract is used to treat skin conditions ranging from eczema and psoriasis to acne. It’s a natural astringent known primarily for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties in addition to its ability to topically treat minor cuts and scrapes.
A few of the many benefits Witch Hazel has been credited for:
- Topically treats minor cuts, scrapes and bruises;
- Calms inflammation and reduces swelling;
- Soothes flaking and/or sunburnt skin;
- De-slicks oily skin;
- Helps hydrate dry skin;
- Helps disinfect and clear problematic skin;
- Helps tighten and firm skin;
- Relieves dry skin by minimizing irritation; and
- Reduces appearance of pores and visible signs of aging.
Why We Love It:
Few ingredients are as multi-purpose as antioxidant and astringent Witch Hazel (and it’s natural!).
. . .
We recommend: Seaweed Cleansing Lotion